Toronto’s premium dance education program
in the heart of Leaside and East York
Helping dancers reach their goals no matter where they are in their dance journey
To join our annual original production
Covid-19 Protocols and Updates
Artistic Director, Linda Leowinata
Bringing out the best of everyone’s artistic, musical, and physical abilities in a fun, nurturing, and encouraging dance education environment and training program.
Experience more than just another dance class.
2021-2022 IN-STUDIO CLASSES
Dec 6, 2021 – March 13, 2022
Reserve your spot in our beautiful Leaside studio for your chosen dance style(s) with our award-winning teachers/choreographers!
The solid foundation for all dance forms
The fusion of dance and acrobatic techniques
The free-flowing, off-the-street dance
The fun stylization of classical techniques
The exploration of new movements
The play between rhythmic footwork and music
Experience More Than Just Another Dance Class
We believe that learning dance should be a joyful experience. By sharing our passion for movement through music we guide our dancers to discover their own freedom of expression and love for the art of dance.
At Poise, we believe that natural talent alone leads to little reward without hard work and dedication. We instil a strong sense of responsibility and discipline in each student to help them reach their full potential to support their journey to success in and beyond dance.
We gain strength, courage and confidence through every experience in which we overcome fear. Poise’s teaching staff are committed to developing each of our student’s ability to overcome adversity with a positive attitude and achieve the goals they set for themselves.
“We had a wonderful year at Poise Dance. Linda is a warm and experienced teacher. She cares about each child and is mindful of their unique needs. Her love of dance is infectious and my girls looked forward to every class. The dance training is serious and disciplined, yet still fun for the kids. Poise is a studio that is beneficial for all levels of dancers. Children learn to move their bodies and train their minds in a healthy environment. The annual recital is one highlight of the Poise experience. It is professionally produced with imaginative choreography, making it a special show for dancers and audience alike. I highly recommend Poise.”
“Loved every second of the show, and would have watched more. My daughter loved each and every day of her lessons. We loved how she got to be trained in different genres and then partake in each of the dances, regardless of skill. She was in another 2-week dance session the weeks prior, and the show was not even close to being as interesting and professional as the Poise one.”
Find out more about our dance community
As precaution to limit the spread of COVID-19, you are only allowed to enter the premise if you:
- are wearing mask.
- are not experiencing any symptoms of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
- If a member of your family has been exposed to someone with a suspected Covid-19 case, all members of the household should refrain from coming to the studio until the suspected case is confirmed negative.
- have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days.
- have not traveled to a highly impacted area within Canada in the last 14 days.
- have not been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/Covid-19 and are cleared as non-contagious by Public Health Ontario.
- are following all Public Health Ontario recommended guidelines as much as possible and are limiting your exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
In the event that the Government of Ontario imposes closure because of but not limited to COVID-19, Poise Dance Academy will continue delivering our program online and there will be no refund or credit granted after the registration has been processed.