- We have classes for every level of dancer from 2 years old and up, whether your child is just beginning or continuing their dance journey!
We have classes for training in a variety of styles: ballet, jazz, contemporary, acro, tap and hip hop! For more information about the different dance styles, click here.
- Classes run from September to June over three terms.
Our experienced and passionate faculty lead these classes with an emphasis on developing skill and confidence while having fun!
If you are not sure what class to enrol in, please contact us at [email protected] to ask any questions or book a trial class.
- Our competitive team members have the opportunity to showcase their talent and hard work onstage at a variety of competitions in Ontario.
- Perfect for dancers wanting to push themselves to the next level in skill and performance experience, while learning about teamwork and good sportsmanship.
- Competitive classes are led by our teachers and award-winning choreographers and have an emphasis on creating pieces for performance and perfecting them throughout the season.
Everyone is invited to audition for our competitive team! For more information, please contact us at [email protected].
Our annual production is an original, full-scale show featuring all our dancers at the end of each year. The production is performed on stage with lighting, sets, and individually tailored costumes for the ultimate professional performance experience for both dancers and audience.
Dancers have a chance to show off their work to their families on our parent days.
Our competitive team performs on different stages at several competitions throughout the year as well as at our annual competitive team showcase. See the above section “Competitive Team.”
Our dancers have performed at various charity events to share their talent and passion while supporting a good cause.
- Our students have had a 100% success rate of admissions to dance programs at art schools in Toronto.
- Studio Spirit Award at Fever Dance Championships
- Face of Fever 2020
- 3rd Champion 100 Degree Dance Off
- Hot Performance Ballet, Hot Performance Acro, 2nd Senior Power House Soloist, 1st Overall Intermediate Novice Small Group, 2nd Overall Junior Competitive Large Group, 2nd and 3rd Overall Junior Small Group,2nd Overall Junior Part Time Solo, 3rd Overall Junior PartTime Duet/Trio, 3rd Overall Intermediate Part Time Solo, 3rd Overall Senior Part Time Solo, 3rd Overall Junior Part Time Small Group, Judges Special Awards.
- Double POWERHOUSE SOLOISTS: Senior and Teen
Experience More Than Just Another Dance Class
We believe that learning dance should be a joyful experience. By sharing our passion for movement through music we guide our dancers to discover their own freedom of expression and love for the art of dance.
At Poise, we believe that natural talent alone leads to little reward without hard work and dedication. We instil a strong sense of responsibility and discipline in each student to help them reach their full potential to support their journey to success in and beyond dance.
We gain strength, courage and confidence through every experience in which we overcome fear. Poise’s teaching staff are committed to developing each of our student’s ability to overcome adversity with a positive attitude and achieve the goals they set for themselves.
“We had a wonderful year at Poise Dance. Linda is a warm and experienced teacher. She cares about each child and is mindful of their unique needs. Her love of dance is infectious and my girls looked forward to every class. The dance training is serious and disciplined, yet still fun for the kids. Poise is a studio that is beneficial for all levels of dancers. Children learn to move their bodies and train their minds in a healthy environment. The annual recital is one highlight of the Poise experience. It is professionally produced with imaginative choreography, making it a special show for dancers and audience alike. I highly recommend Poise.”
“Loved every second of the show, and would have watched more. My daughter loved each and every day of her lessons. We loved how she got to be trained in different genres and then partake in each of the dances, regardless of skill. She was in another 2-week dance session the weeks prior, and the show was not even close to being as interesting and professional as the Poise one.”