Latest Update from the Artistic Director
Updated on December 5, 2022
WELCOME TO WINTER TERM
Dear Poise Parents and Guardians,
Thank you on behalf of all of us at Poise for your amazing support throughout this Fall season. The kids have been amazing and we are delighted to have them dance with us.
We now look forward to having an even better winter term!
Let us start with some basic logistics.
- Winter term will start on Monday, December 5th, 2022 and will end on Sunday, March 12, 2023.
- Holiday Party: Saturday, December 10, 2022, from 4:30 to 6:00 PM at our studio. We will do some dancing, play some games, and reveal our original production theme at the holiday party! Registration is now closed as all spots have been filled.
- Christmas break: Monday, December 24th, 2022 through Sunday, January 8, 2023.
- Back to class on Monday, January 9, 2023.
DROP-OFF and PICK-UP TIME
- Kindly drop off your child/children 5-10 minutes before the start of their class and pick them up 5-10 minutes after the class ends so that you do not have to wait in the cold.
POISE STUDIO AND CLASSROOM ETIQUETTE
At Poise, we strive to provide a fun, nurturing, and encouraging dance education program.
We aim to not only bring out every student’s best in their artistry, musicality, and physical abilities but also to foster their sense of discipline and responsibility while building confidence. Therefore, please help us remind our dancers to follow our class rules, which include:
- Arrive at the studio 5-10 minutes prior to their class time;
- Come ready to dance with proper attire: clean dancewear according to Poise dress code and tidy hair up away from the face;
- Maintain excellent attendance;
- No gum at all times at our studio;
- No outdoor footwear in our studio;
- Respect the teachers: listen attentively, no chatting while in class, no screaming at the studio;
- Respect other parents and students;
- Respect the space: eat and drink only in the designated area, clean up after eating/drinking, clean up after using the washroom; and
- Demonstrate kindness to their fellow dancers.
We will go through these with our students as we start our winter term next week.
IN-STUDIO COVID PROTOCOLS
- Face masks are highly recommended this winter term. We have seen a lot of absences due to sickness this past fall term.
- Zero food waste at our studio
- We ask that you continue to take good care of yourselves and others around you. Please do not send your child/children to class if they are ill.
SWITCHING CLASS and MAKE-UP LESSONS
- The artistic director may recommend a change of class for a student based on the fit of the student and the class (based on age and level).
- We regretfully cannot accommodate any class switch this winter term, because we will have to decide the costume design and character of each class at the beginning of the term.
- We also cannot accommodate any make-up lessons as soon as we start the choreography process in the new year. It will be too confusing and too distracting for all the students to have to rehearse and adjust the dance’s choreography and composition inconsistently. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.
- The 2022-2023 Calendar can be found attached to this email and on the Info Hub page on our website, poisedance.ca
- Please take note that our year-end rehearsal dates are: Sunday, June 4 to Thursday, June 8, 2023. Stage rehearsal and performance dates: Friday, June 9 and Saturday, June 10, 2023.
- Poise’s 10th Birthday Celebration: Saturday, June 24 or Sunday, June 25, 2023.
UPDATED 2022-2023 DRESS CODE
- The Updated 2022-2023 Dress Code can be found attached to this email and on the Info Hub page on our website, poisedance.ca
- Please review the new dress code as we have made some adjustments that are recommended by the dance store based on the current supply situation. Please use this newly updated dress code for future reference if you have completed all the dance attire requirements based on our previous list.
INFO HUB on our WEBSITE
Find our updated 2022-2023 calendar, dress code, and other updates on our academy activities here!
- The steps to get into Info Hub:
- Go to our website: poisedance.ca
- Click on “INFO HUB” on the “Current Students” tab
- Fill these out:
- Username: Student
- Password: 1nf0p01se
NO REFUND POLICY
As stated on our Registration Package, our Refund Policy is as follows:
- If a student does not participate in the program after having paid all or any portion of the tuition fee, or if a student decides to withdraw before completion of the term, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, NO deposits or money paid toward the annual registration, tuition, and costume fees shall be refunded. No portion of any funds that a student has paid to participate in the Poise Dance Academy Programs will be refunded at any time or for any reason.
- In the event that the Government of Ontario imposes closure because of but not limited to Covid19, Poise Dance Academy will continue delivering our program online and there will be no refund or credit granted after the registration has been processed.
“CINDERELLA” Video Order
Our videographer needs a little more time to perfect some editing issues. We will update you as soon as the final edit is done.
We will open our lockers by age group as soon as our dancers are successful in maintaining the common free from garbage at the end of the day/night for a full week. We look forward to this happening soon!
POISE CONTACT INFO
|firstname.lastname@example.org||For general inquiries|
|email@example.com||For daily operational matters (class schedule, absence, late admission, lost and found|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||For any financial and account-related matters|
|email@example.com||For any artistic inquiries such as class level, student progress, and competition-related questions|